With the iPhone 5 in the market, the company called back the iPhone 3Gs and all who wanted the iOS 6 based, 8GB iPhone 4 free in replacement, could go for it. I went for it yes. It was a good offer. The iPhone 4S covers were cheaper too, as the iPhone 3G or the 3GS version could not be upgraded to the iOS 6 features, Safari and Siri, and other apps downloading feasibility, there was no use for it anymore.
Therefore, now that all those who have the iPhone 4S, they can repair and tear down the phone with their own hands, very carefully and safely. The tips on how to tear the phone (I chose 64GB black) down, I will provide here, are useful enough for all the users. You can follow the tips, ONLY if you think you can carry out the process and you have torn down any other device before and put it back as well.
1) The tools that you would need for the tearing down process will be the Nylon safe tool for opening, Phillips screwdriver, flat head small screwdriver, pentalobe driver, the suction cup for pulling both the body parts apart safely, a razor to cut down on any glue, or heat gun, and your neat and clean hands for it.
2) Remove the back panel easily just as you do every time with any phone when you have to get the battery out.
3) Remove the bottom screws with the pentalobe screwdriver as I suggested earlier. Slide the cover up to remove it as well.
4) Now you will find many more screws joining the two body parts together and you have to unscrew them one by one. Take it slow and easy. Do it one at a time and do not get dirty with the work. The corner screws may be hidden from visible eye so do them carefully as well.
5) Now with that, the whole battery will be removed. The dock connector will also be removed this way easily as the battery holds it inside tightly with all those screws that you came unscrewing with.
6) You will now see flex cables as well, which can easily be removed so that you can take the 5MP camera out. Do not tug hard on anything, as the inside that you have reached up until now will be very delicate.
7) You will now see the dock speakers easily. So removing them one by one will also be easy when you remove the cables over them. Remember all the process or make a video of it so you can put it all back together.
8) You will see that the camera is the same size as that of a penny.
9) After this step, you have to be very careful as loosing up more screws will totally get the phone apart and only a professional will be able to get it back together. Therefore, if there is any issue up until now you can replace the parts.