Facebook’s iOS app has been updated to version 3.5, bringing in several major changes with itself.
First up, and the most important of all, there is no iPad version as yet. And for those who alternated to FaceForward (jailbreak tweak) to use Facebook for iPad, the bad news is that Facebook has removed support for iPad in this latest update of theirs. This means since there is no support from the app itself then FaceForward cannot activate it. @Chpwn warns:
Facebook removed iPad support in their latest app update. It’s not possible for FaceForward to enable something that’s no longer in the app.
While you may be the one who likes to follow the rules, the folks on the other side of the fence aka the rule-breakers aka the jailbreakers are having some fun too, exploiting what Apple doesn’t want you to exploit. To show you how much they are having, a kid from somewhere-on-earth does a pretty good 15 minute demo of what Cydia can do to your device.
Would you jailbreak your device after watching this video?
Just half a day adrift of iOS 4.3.4 hitting the blocks, our friends at Redmond Pie have already found a way to jailbreak it. They claim to have ready a Pwnage Tool 4.3.3 bundle that will undo the 4.3.4’s jailbreak-unfriendly update, and get you back to your date with Cydia and co. after you innocently upgraded few hours ago. As is always the case, use the jailbreak tool at your own risk by following the detailed instructions at Redmond Pie. Do drop in a comment to tell us of your experience.
1) Jailbreak your iPhone 4 via www.jailbreakme.com.
2) Download and upgrade to the latest Cydia package.
3) Open Cydia, Go to Manage then Sources.
4) Click Sources, Edit then add: http://apt.modmyi.com
5) Search for “My3G” — download, and install it.
6) Go through the Rock setup process with a username and password. Open My3G and leave all settings on the default. 7) FaceTime should now work over 3G! — Make sure to “Forget” the WiFi network you are on (via iOS settings) if you want to test it.