The ringtone of your iPhone is not only a tune that alerts you when you are being called or texted on your number. It is also a reflection of your taste. This is why people are too choosy about setting the correct ringtone. The more exclusive it is, the more classy will you appear. With the coming of the iPhone and the completely new ringtone creation apps, setting a ringtone has become an all new experience.
There are several websites which have provisions for an individual to download ringtones for free and customize them accordingly. To get the most exclusive ringtones try out the following tips.
Tips on Creating the Most Fashionable Ringtone
- The very first step is the installation of iTunes in your Mac or Windows computer. Next you have to choose a Non-DRM song which you want to set as the ringtone.
- When you are sure that you have met all the requirements, open the iTunes.
- Then you will have to browse and select a song from the iTunes album.
- You might not wish to keep the whole song as ringtone. Thus, figure out which should be the start and stop points for your ringtones.
- Next, you need to right-click on the song, scroll down the list and select the ‘Get info’ option.
- The option tab is to be selected next. The start and the end time is to be mentioned in the respective text boxes. The time should be put in the following time format, ‘minutes: seconds’, for instance 4:15. This is important otherwise how would one make sure that the ringtone isn’t more than 40 seconds long.
- Click ‘OK’. Then you will have to right click on the song and select the “Convert Selection to AAC” option. The song will now be duplicated into another version by the iTunes. This process consumes a little bit of time, like a few minutes.
- You shall now delete the duplicated version of the song.
- Next you have to select “Keep Files” and save the file in the following location, ‘Music> iTunes> iTunes Music’ and under the band’s name. The extension of an iPhone ringtone file is generally m4a.
- Find out the ringtone file and rename the m4a extension to m4r. in case of the Windows computers all you need to do is right-click on the file and select ‘Rename’. While in the Mac computers, you have to select the ‘Get Info’ option.
- In most cases, the computer shows a warning that the renaming process might harm the file. But, that is nothing much to pay heed about. Choose the ‘Use .m4r’ and its equivalent. The choice will depend upon the system you are using.
- By a simple double-clicking on the ringtone file, the tone will be automatically saved to the folders under the iTunes Music Library.
- The last step is as simple as connecting the iPhone and syncing it to the computer. Now, you are all ready to use the new customized free ringtone for your iPhone.
Jim Taylor is a freelance author, professional blogger, and social media enthusiast. He writes articles on downloading Nokia ringtones and other related topics.