Apple has updated its iBooks application for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch to version 1.5, bringing along a host of changes in the app including a new nighttime reading theme for a better digital reading experience in the dark, a full-screen option to focus on content and remove the tool bar, page numbers, and other distractions, new “beautiful covers” for classic titles, popup footnote support, and an improved annotation system.
Apart from these cool new additions, the update also features some performance and stability enhancements.
iBooks 1.5 adds the following new features as well as some stability and performance improvements:
• Nighttime reading theme makes reading books in the dark easier on the eyes.
• Full-screen layout lets you focus on the words without distraction.
• iBooks now features an improved selection of fonts, including Athelas, Charter, Iowan, and Seravek.
• Beautiful new classic covers for public domain books.
• Support for pop-up footnotes, included in select iBookstore titles.
• A redesigned annotation palette makes it easier to choose a color for your highlighted text.