Apple has seeded iOS 5.0.1 build 9A402 to developers, featuring battery life fixes, multitasking gestures on the original iPad, improvement in Voice recognition for Australian users, and other bug and security fixes. In Apple’s words:
iOS 5.0.1 beta contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
– Fixes bugs affecting battery life
– Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
– Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
– Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
– Contains security improvements
iOS 5.0.1 beta introduces a new way for developers to specify files that should remain on device, even in low storage situations.
The update weighs in at 811MB and is available to download from the Developer Center.
Also, interestingly, iOS 5.0.1 expires for developers on Wednesday, December 14 at 8:00PM Eastern Standard Time. Any specific reasons, Apple?